Friday, May 23

Zoo

Today I had the rare treat of spending the day with Clay. As the "middle child" he has not had much time alone with mom. Although, now that I am thinking about it, he would accompany me on those Relief Society visits in Ohio when Sam was in preschool. We did have our mornings that year. Anyway, that has been almost 5 years ago. Time alone with my Clay has been sparse. But I found a sitter for the girls and took the bus down to the zoo to spend the day with my boy. What a fun day. We met some friends there and I had every intention of letting the kids "explore" and watch the animals while I enjoyed some adult conversation as well. Clay wasn't going to have any of that. We were barely off the bus and he was begging to see the leopards. He wasn't much for stopping anywhere until we had seen the leopards. He wanted to see how "fierce" they were. So, we were off, and we weren't waiting for anyone anywhere. We excitedly went from animal to animal. Imagine Clay's surprise when we finally got to the leopard and on the sign it describes these creatures as "shy and elusive." He was floored. It really was a riot to see his expression. He was still impressed with these beautiful creatures. {I love tigers!} I missed out on any photo op of us together, but we did get a few of some of the animals, and some of my hansome boy.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

OK, I looked, but couldn't find the picture of one of you drinking out of that same fountain. Because I have looked in Amy's and Aaron's senior books, and it's not there, I'm guessing it was of you. Check out your album and see. Kind of gives a different perspective to see the next generation in the same spot!