Today, as we got home from WalMart, Sam got out of the car and said something to this effect.
You know, this kind of day is really the best day ever. Where we just get to
play and have fun. Except for going to the store, but I guess that wasn't too
bad because we got to get a movie. Today was SO fun.
I wish that I had taken some pictures today to show what a great
day it was. The boys were able to attend a stake father-son campout with
their grandpa and Uncle Paul last night.

I went to a baptism with the girls and then picked them up around noon. They did their usual chores and then they jumped on the trampoline, ran through the sprinklers, and jumped on the trampoline some more. It was an amazingly beautiful and warm day. The girls were decked out in their swimming suits, as were the boys, and we even blew up the turtle pool that Clay pulled out of the shed. At day's end we ate pizza and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks for the 3rd or 4th time.
Sam and Clay are quite the fans of this "new musical sensation." So, we are going to prepare a number for the school talent show in a couple of weeks. They are so excited they can't stand it. They had to stand up and see how well they could actually move like the little creatures. It's a hoot to watch. And then little Emma, who was sitting next to me, starts her little body moving every time the music starts, and she sings too. What a bunch! I feel like I need a little pat on the back. I was able to get our sprinkler system up and running today, all the time hoping that we're done with the freezing weather. I can probably guarantee one more snow, so I hope that we don't have problems, but we had the lawn aerated yesterday, and I wanted to overseed and fertilize while the lawn still had some pretty good holes in it, and with the lovely "breeze" that happens here, it is very important to keep the lawn wet. We're not talking about a little move the sprinkler a couple times kind of lawn. We've got 11 sprinkler zones in our side and back yard, and I used $70.00 in grass seed. If I want our yard, and not the neighbor's yard, to reap the benefits, I need those sprinklers on! So I just did it myself :)
2 comments:
It looks like the boys had lots of fun with grandpa.
You deserve a great big pat on the back for lots of things, Kristie! I love reading about you all.
Post a Comment