Sunday, November 28

Thanksgiving

I did not even take out my camera this weekend. too bad. There was lots of family, food, and shopping.
We had dinner at my house again this year. We were really hoping for a rerun of the turkey from 2 years ago...not the black monstrosity that we cooked last year. The big green egg did not disappoint us this year. It cooked an amazingly moist and delicious turkey.
And I made pies...apple, cherry, and a peach cream thing that Andrew and I made up to put into an extra crust. I love making pies for a couple reasons. I get to use the marble rolling pin that one of my dearest friends gave to me for my wedding shower. I think of her every time I use it. Then of course, I think of my grandma, master pie maker. She always made the best pies when I was little. She would make cherry for my mom and pecan for my dad. She also would do a pie of the month club for an auction at her church. I'm sure it caught top dollar with her reputation for making delicious pies. oh, and lemon meringue. I think it was Matt who always liked that kind. So, grandma, my cherry pie was a little runny this year....any ideas? more flour?
They were beautiful, though. but again, no picture.
Lindsey make some darling place mats with little turkeys for utensil holders. but again, no picture.
We had wonderful company...Hayley's family, Aunt Deb & Uncle Ross, Matt & Tanya, Lindsey and kids, Craig & Chris, and my big hurd of kids. but again, no picture.
The kids all danced for us...I do have a video of this. cha-cha slide, hoedown throwdown, hokey pokey, chicken dance.
I downloaded a bunch of songs a few weeks ago when Nate had to have some stuff for the youth dance, so my kids are getting really good at he cha-cha slide. Even Henry will do it...his dancing is hilarious. He even dances to the songs at church. He really feels it.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the new family picture that includes Henry! You look so dang good! Way to go!!! I do these wellness challenges that include healthy eating exercising ect. If your interested remind me or look at Best You from my blog.

Marlise said...

Beautiful family pictures! I love them! You guys look great! We need to get together one of these days....