The first thing that Amelia showed me after school yesterday was her loose tooth. I knew that it was wiggling, but the new tooth behind it was positioned so that it would not push her baby tooth out. It was going to have to come out with sheer force, or persistent wiggling, which was the case this time. Although she went to school with a little wiggle to the tooth, she could bend that tooth clear to her gums when she left school yesterday. She didn't want dad to pull it. She didn't want to have to "screw it out with pliers." She wanted to pull the tooth out herself.
So she did. When she got home she spent about 10 minutes in front of the mirror before she came out with her eyes big like they get when she's excited about something. In her hand was her tooth. "Look, mom."
She is a go-getter. {remember the training wheel incident}
I was laughing because I can just imagine her all day at school, working on that tooth. She actually even told me how she wrote her numbers.
"first I would take my pen and circle the 6, put the pen down and wiggle my tooth, then pick up my pen and do another 6. just like that." {imagine that with actions}
I can't even belive my Mia is big enough to be losing teeth *sigh*
So the very next morning the tooth fairy had *gasp* forgotten to come. But mom knows how to fix things. Mom can "find" things that little girls cannot, and even though she had to increase the pay to make up for the disappointment, it all worked out. That tricky tooth fairy can even come while you're eating breakfast and mom's making beds. {betcha didn't know}
1 comment:
I love it!!! Our tooth fairy has come around breakfast time also!! Mia is such a beautiful girl.
Post a Comment