
Emma had her tonsils out on Friday. {phone pics...not so great}
The previous Thursday we had gone to see our ENT because Emma had been having bouts of strep since January...just didn't stay away for very long. Every three weeks we were on another round of antibiotics or in for a shot. Funny though, she never complained about it. I knew something was going on because she started talking as though something was in her throat...and she would snore at night. Anyway, she was positive for strep again.
She was really funny about having her tonsils out. She asked lots of questions about how it would happen, what she would feel, how long it would take, what they would use, and how they would get to her throat to take them out. Did the countdown for this one too. When the Dr. mentioned the laser, she seemed to be contented. I think she envisioned the cheap little flashlight Sam has with a red laser light attached to it. Whatever contented her little heart...

Now it's what can I eat? Can I have my medicine? Do I have to take my medicine? When will it be better? Why can't I have my favorite food? {pretzels and ranch or hummus} Will you buy my three different kinds of ice cream? {i did...} Mia got me a puppy, Clay got me a coloring book, Mom got me a movie...Dad, why did you not get me a present yet...I want the doll with a cup and food. {he did...}
She was so brave!!! She has not complained about the pain...a few cries in the middle of the night is all. She's quiet. She feels decent if she has tylenol or advil consistently. If not, it's still not good yet. But she's eating...popsicles, ramen, bread, ice cream, pudding, eggs, raviolis...she's almost eating better than she would on a normal day...she's ASKING to eat...amazing.
Love that chick.
No comments:
Post a Comment