Saturday, April 9

The Big Announcement

March 30... the day Emma was counting down to
March 30... the day Nate was going to have a secret (ya right)
March 30... the day Sam was going to rejoice or cry in distress
March 30... the day I would know if I could use my name, or struggle for the next 4 months figuring another one out
March 30... the day I could make a trip to DI or to Gymboree
March 30... the day we had our ultrasound

I know that many people look to this day as the day to know the gender of their new baby. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious to know. But after Amelia's "disaster" and having taken a thyroid medication that is not compatible with pregnancy, I went into this with a little cautious optimism. I hope for the best, but prepare myself for any issues that might appear.

Thankfully, everything looked good. And we found out the answer to that ever pressing question...boy? or girl?

Emma and I made cupcakes the day before, filling half of them pink, and half of them blue. It would stay a secret until the kids bit into the cupcakes.

Sam dove in with a ravenous desire to find out. He started jumping up and down, pumping his fist into the air. If anyone was still wondering, Sam's obvious desire for a baby brother was just verified. In fact, the day before, I told Sam that he needed to prepare himself for the fact that it just may be a girl...it was a 50/50 chance.
"Mom..." he says to me with his eyes wide..."shhhhh...just think positive"
I laughed.
Clay shows his delight....

The girls were less than impressed, and the following day Emma said that she was just mad, and Mia thought it was creepy to be having another baby brother.
Nate, well we know that he was thrilled. Henry needs a wrestling partner...couldn't do that with a girl.
Lexi thought that as long as he dances like Henry, it'll be ok to have another boy cousin.
I'm happy to recycle all Henry's old clothes, shoes, bedding, and toys...no starting over again on this one. Now, to come up with a name. Eliza Jean will just not fit a baby boy.

2 comments:

rusted sun said...

Congratulations! I agree, I love knowing the gender of my babies. It is especially fun this time that the kids get to be part of the excitement too. I love that you made cupcakes to reveal the surprise. Best of luck on the name....we still don't have one and the baby is due in 10 weeks.

Crystal said...

Wow! Congrats you two. So exciting. :)