Sunday, January 23

12 to 2:34


In November, Sam got pinned in 12 seconds by an amazing wrestler. (that's Sam in the yellow and brown)
Last Saturday, Sam had to wrestle him again at a middle school tournament. He got pinned in 59 seconds.
Yesterday, Sam wrestled him again at another middle school tournament. He got pinned in 2:34 seconds. (that's Sam in the royal blue)
I'd call that improvement.
I don't think I was any happier when he beat the other kids he wrestled than when he had done so well against this kid.
Last week, when Sam learned he had to wrestle this kid, he came and told me about it.
"You nervous?" I asked
"A little" he told me
"Just remember, Sam...you are a better wrestler now than you were in November, so just do better than you did last time."
AND HE DID. I can't tell you how proud I was of that boy. Again yesterday, he was determined to do even better. He had analyzed how this other kids wrestled, and what he would need to do to do better. And he did. That's fun to watch!!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

kristi....
Your family has been on my mind and in our prayers. Ran onto your blog and wanted to say HI. Let me know if there is anything I can do.