Saturday, February 13

Look, Grandma!


Grandma got this for me for Christmas, but gave it to me at Thanksgiving when they were here. I put it in the cupboard to get it out of the way, and forgot to plant it until Christmas. But look what beauty has come my way now. I'd say it's much more welcome on my cold, grey, February day than when all the excitement of Christmas is still fresh. I think I have never seen a more beautiful amaryllis ever. FOUR blossoms....it got a little too heavy just two days ago and I had to stake it, but it is still gorgeous.

{Thank You, Grandma}

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That is beautiful. I agree it is more appreciated now :)

Nicole said...

Wow what a perfect time of year for some beauty and "cheering up". It is a gorgeous flower.

Grandma G said...

What a beautiful flower! You must have a green thumb. You grow beautiful children, too.