

No...not good at all. In case you can't really tell from the pictures, that is black mold lining the closet floor and covering the carpet. Nate and Darren put on masks to get the carpet and padding out of there as quickly as possible. And I thought I was grossed out at the condition of the upstairs carpet!?!?! It just makes me wonder if that is why the boys have been so sick this year with coughs, bronchitis, breathing issues...all year long, really. We had found black mold on the walls behind the vanity and sink cabinet in the bathroom, but we didn't even consider that the flood had created such water issues in their bedroom. I'm wondering now what we might find under the carpet in the office. I guess we'll find out Monday when we get back to it. We're going to have to Clorox the floor and walls and then paint the surfaces with Kilz before we can start with the carpet.
As disgusted as I am with the whole situation, I am so incredibly grateful that we decided to replace the flooring. I really think that the boys health will improve, and I will feel so much more comfortable bringing a brand new baby into a house without these serious health hazards. As Sam said, "I guess the floods were really a blessing."
He's right. {Although I would say that it may have been the floods that started this mess}
2 comments:
Wow, glad you found it so you can get the problem fixed. I love Sam's positive outlook!
Oh wow, so glad you found that out! Interestingly enough, we are dealing with a smaller mold problem in our bathroom (for some reason there is carpet in there). This week Greg is going to rip it out and put in some tile. And just clean the heck out of everything. How great all of this will be to have new and clean for the little one!
Post a Comment