The conversation at 12:45am went something like this.
Me: "Wow, it's late...what took you so long?"
Nate: "You are going to be so mad."
Me: thinking in my head...what did you do to my new carpet? "Why, what happened?" with a little alarm.
Nate: "Well, when we were tacking the carpet down around the fireplace, we found a spot that felt like someone had dumped a cup of water on it. So, I went downstairs to where the paint was peeling {runoff from a heavy rain that we thought was from not having a cap on the vent from the kitchen sink} and poked it and water just poured out of it. {good thing we hadn't laid the carpet there yet} So, Darren and I took the pellet stove out and there was tons of water, so we got a flashlight and climbed up on the roof and there is a great big spot around the chimney that is not sealed at all. All the rain from tonight just seeped through. Darren's going to buy some tar and seal it tomorrow."
Me: laugh...does that mean we need a new roof too? laugh again. I mean really, what else do you do?
Wow...when it rains, it pours...literally.
4 comments:
O MY GOSH! You poor lady! Maybe you could look at it all as increasing the value of your home. Not that you would ever want to sale after all the work you have done.
Oh Kristie... you need a break!! Wow! I do have to say though I love love love your kitchen it is really beautiful and I can honestly say NO ONE deserves it more than you do. I can't wait to come see it and you... and come get the girls so please call me sometime when you are ready for your break!
Oh I'm so sorry. Are you seriously going to have to replace the roof? Let the craziness end already, eh? Well, baby is coming soon and your focus can turn to the little precious guy! (Well, a good distraction at least ;-)
Just catching up here...your kitchen looks fabulous. And the carpet issue is noo bueno. I do like that when he woke you up your first question was "what did you do to my carpet?"
He was smart to tell you that you were going to be mad so that you would be predisposed to not be mad. I am sure you handled it well.
Post a Comment