
Last weekend we went with D & A and kiddos to the Open House for the Draper Temple. It was awesome. Such a reverent and peaceful atmosphere, it was really awe-inspiring. I really loved that the kids were able to feel the beauty and the holiness. Nate and I were talking about it afterward, and we both wonder how anyone can question, belittle, or mock the temple after being there. If one had no knowledge of our religion at all-- it should be clear, through touring the building, that it is a place of instruction, learning, inspiration, and peace. It is a place where earth meets heaven and we are promised that our families are ours beyond this life. I love the temple.

The next morning the girls were trying to get Clay to play Jenga with them...Clay came in and said to me..
"Mom, if I play Jenga, the beautiful memories I have of the Draper Temple will leave my mind."
I'm happy that he, too, felt the same reverence and awe that I did.

No comments:
Post a Comment