Saturday, February 14

A Little Love

OK, maybe not so happy for Amelia. But, Sam did cheer her up, and a little paper and Valentine making later, we have a happier girl. Maybe now it really is a {Happy} Valentine's day.

I really love Valentine's Day. I like to make pretty valentines and fun breakfasts and treats for the kids. I actually have had this wild idea the last couple years to have a Valentine "tea" party for the girls and some of their friends. {haven't made the time}
Side Note:
Actually, this year we did have a Valentine's party for Primary. It was really fun, although exhausting. We had almost 60 kids come to the party. It was a half day of school, so we had them walk to the church after school and we served them pizza {lots and lots of pizza}. Then we split into three groups. My group talked about service and then made a coupon book. Lara had pictures and talked about all the missionaries who are serving from our ward. {Ben in California, Aaron and Austin in Oregon, the Martins in Texas, Ryan in Mexico, and Clint in Finland.} They then made Valentines to send to them. Kathy had the kids decorate {and eat} cookies and then play some games. It was crazy busy, but I think everyone had a good time. So, I guess that I can say that I did throw a Valentine's Party this year.

3 comments:

Flem said...

Wow stark contrast between the pout and the smile! But she is beautiful in both poses.

Brittany said...

What a fun Idea for a Primary activity! Thanks for sending Valentines to the missionaries too! I am sure Ry will love his!

rusted sun said...

One of my favorite Valentines Day memories was when you made soup with little pasta hearts in it.