Friday, January 30

Lacking Pictures

This is a little pathetic. I brought my camera to the computer to download all the pictures I've taken this year so far. There were 21! Not even one every day. But, there were some very darling ones.
When we had our fireplace redone this summer, we moved the shelf from the wall, and had not yet anchored back to the wall. I kept having that nagging impression to get it done, as did Nate, and so one morning, as soon as I got up, I removed all the books and we got the job done {eventually: after a long search for the correct driver for the drill, I waited for Nate to come home for lunch}. So, Amelia really wanted to help restock the shelves. She started with the picture of President Monson. {This drawing was done by the spouse of a good friend...click here to see some of his other wonderful art} And of course, she wanted to be right next to him. I thought it was sweet. I hope she always wants to be "right next to" the prophet!


Meet Marlee, our newest addition. {I would be willing to bet that Marley is a popular dog's name right now. We love the children's books. Unfortunately, we hear a lot of "bad dog, Marley"} She's such a character, and a fun little addtion to our family. I love how she sits down and cocks her head. Her ears flop when she runs, and when she catches sight of them she starts chasing her ears, which is usually followed by a tail chase because her tail gets wagging so enthusiastically that she sees that and gives up the ears for the tail. She makes us laugh.

We have not had the Wyoming winter like we had last year, where our snowman that we made at Christmas time did not melt until Easter. Really. We have had some beautiful days that we've been able to get out and play without frostbitten fingers.

We've painted lots of little nails.

My girls are in love with their little cousin Ryker. We were happy to visit with them last weekend! I don't know how you do it all, Lindsey. You're pretty amazing!

And the boys seem to be at school all the time, excluding them from most of my photo ops. Between piano for Sam {who is doing amazing, if I may brag for just a minute} and swimming lessons {We call Clay "the rock"...} and the other things we do, we stay busy enough.

Today's a sick day...just like last Sunday. Some de ja vu going on here. I'm just glad that I haven't had to be as friendly with the toilet as the boys here today. :)

2 comments:

Flem said...

Is that a REAL dog? It totally looks like a stuffed animal. Very cute.

Kimberly Davis said...

Your kids are DARLING - there like little Nates & Christy's - so cute! Are you liking Evanston?