Sam picked cherries
Clay noticed tree #2 at the back of the office with even more cherries than tree #1
I washed cherries then announced that we needed to pit them. Sam asked if we had a button hook. I knew where he was going with that because I have a mother that loves cherries and baking. But most of you right now are saying, {why would he want a button hook?} Which is the same question I asked him. And he said that they are good for pitting cherries. And the next question that naturally come to mind is, {where in the world would a 9 year old boy get the idea that a button hook would be good to use for pitting cherries?} Which is the same question I asked him. And he said that he read it somewhere.
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
And he remembered it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
What a child. I am utterly amazed at his mental skills. The child can remember ANYTHING! No joke.
He pitted 8 cups of cherries {without a button hook}
AND THEN! he made the crust, rolled it out, and voila-check out that cherry pie! {uncooked here} But it was a beauty and delicious too. Way to go Sam!!!!!!
How many 9 year old boys do you know who have made a cherry pie from scratch like that?
I'm a proud mama!
3 comments:
Sam--you rock!
I bet it was wonderful!
Love, Grandma
it looks like they had a lot of fun and the pie looks delicous
I love that mom said, "you rock". I mean, you do, Sam. But the fact that Grandma Perkins told you that? You should be proud of not only making a cherry pie, but of the fact that you are probably the only person who has ever received that particular compliment from Grandma! :-)
Post a Comment