Last weekend Mark and Kim came up to visit with us for the afternoon. The girls had a great time playing with Alyssa, and Nate and I enjoyed catching up with Mark and Kim, and we loved meeting their new little guy, Lucas. And the boys thought it was pretty cool to play Xbox with Mark. What a great afternoon!
But of course this reconnection prompted a bit of reminiscing on my part. I LOVED being a missionary more than anything!!! The language, the culture, the landscape, which at first were all so foreign to me, quickly became a part of me. Above all, I love the people there. So honest, kind, and fun. At times, a part of me aches to be a missionary like that again. The structure, the companions, the closeness to the Spirit, and the joy of sharing something that is so precious to me.

Here is the proof that Nate and I did meet there. District Meeting. Santa Cruz/Ofra.
Miss You Martin.
Mark, this one's for you.
5 comments:
I, of course loved your post. :) I may have to do something similar on my blog. :)
I think we all miss the Canaries sometimes! You were a great comp - one of my favorites! Miss you guys!
Katie
Christy! Hello! This is Brittany (Matthews)Sheets. Brooke told me about your blog and I was so excited. I just love your cute little family.
We also have a blog
leithandbrittany@blogspot.com
Have we really been home that long... man that brings back some memories. I miss some many poeple back there.
Looking good Daryl looking good. I can't believe they ever trusted us with a car... wait we had permission to go to Teide... right?
Man, the charlies angels shot. How many times did we all do that? Good times, good times.
Post a Comment