Wednesday, April 9

Emma's Room

The other morning after the boys had already left for school, Amelia and I were in the kitchen cleaning up from breakfast when Emma came toddling into the room with a smile and her infectious giggle.

"How did you get out of your bed?"

"I climbded out"

"Show me"

So she very proudly toddled back to her room, but could not get back into her crib. I put her in and she proceeded to show me exactly how cautiously and carefully she maneuvered her way out of her bed. Now, I guess that I should not be surprised at all because she is the first child of mine that still sleeps in a crib at the age of 2 1/2. But I looked around her room, which is mostly my favorite, and it occurred to me that it could not stay that way for very much longer. The crib would have to go, so that would mean a bigger bed, a different bedspread, la de da. So many changes would have to come from this simple little discovery that Emma had made. I felt a little sad. So, I pulled out the camera to get this one down for posterity.

My Baby Girl Emma's Room

These are the curtains that started it all. I absolutely fell in love with them when I first saw them, and then I waited and waited and waited and they would not go on sale. So, I just had to buy them. Then I had to find a crib set to match, and paint the walls purple, and the butterflies too...see what they started.



Sometimes at night we have to acknowledge every person in the pictures on the shelf before we can say goodnight. Good stalling technique.

But, happy thing is that the climbing out hasn't happened since. Maybe I can keep my baby and her room for a little while longer.......

2 comments:

The Atwood's said...

That's a REALLY cute room. I"ll have to get some tips on how to decorate Molli's sometime.

RainyPM said...

Hi there,

We have those exact same curtains (they did finally go on sale) in my daughter's room. She's 3 and in a big girl bed now. Here's a link, though I should take a better picture that actually has the curtains in it. :) At least you can see a few of the butterflies. http://www.nocturne.org/~ellisa/livroom.JPG

I found your site from a link from the Briggs' blog. Kris and I were comps. -Ellisa (Hna. Evans)