Tuesday, October 5

Move Over Ace of Cakes

I was wondering what to do on Henry's birthday. The boys were playing with friends and Nate was hunting. We weren't going to celebrate until Sunday anyway. So I got this idea to make a cake for Henry. I was going to make one...but decided I wanted to really make a cake..fondant, layers, props...the whole 9 yards. So I did a little browsing, found some recipes, and found three cakes that I liked and wanted to combine their features to make a really cool cake for my Henry boy.

OH. HOW. FUN. I loved making this cake. It's far from perfect, but I was pleased with the end result. Henry enjoyed it. He posed for pictures for about a second before he grabbed the car from off the top of the cake. Then he did what any boy would do and drove that car back and forth, making the lovely spitting, zooming noise that cars make when they are being driven by a little boy.

Henry really enjoyed the making of the cake. {There's nothing like a good buttercream frosting.}


And of course there was more fun in the actual eating of the cake.


He liked the lid from the ice cream the most. He didn't go all crazy tearing the cake apart and eating it. Once he got a taste of the ice cream, that's where his attention stayed. And of course the frosting on the nose is nothing more than a prop for good pictures.

1 comment:

Laura Perkins said...

Way to go! I love the cake. You did such an awesome job!