Saturday, June 27

What This Picture Says About Us


I got this idea on Becky Higgins's blog. She posted a picture of a snack that she enjoys this summer {of course the picture was much more artistic and appealing than this} and it is remarkably similar to one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. I have always loved granola, but with Sam being allergic to nuts, I am hesitant to have it in the house. Mostly because he loves granola, but can't have it. So, we recently found another cereal that is much like granola {without the nuts}. Just Bunches. Little clusters of oat things. Pretty close to granola, and still adds that same yummy crunchy texture to my yogurt. Before peaches were readily available, I would slice strawberries, and before strawberries, I would just use peach yogurt, but anyway you put it together, this is a great breakfast. Cereal with strawberries and/or peaches and milk, or cereal with yogurt {that's how Emma and Amelia eat it}. So, I thought it would be fun to take a picture of this delicious breakfast treat. And as I was taking the picture I had to laugh. What else did this picture say about us right now? Please note: plastic spoon and paper bowl. No, we do not usually eat with so non-eco friendly materials. I think we're going to challenge the capacity of the local landfill with our paper and plastic eating supplies for the next four weeks, but I am not going to wash dishes in my bathroom sink or tub. The thought just made me throw up a little in my mouth. {We will eventually move our food prep and clean up to the trailer.}Besides, it sounds like the government will take care of all our wasteful habits by taxing the heck out of us. Maybe if I could slow my breathing, or even just not breathe at all, I would reduce my CO2 emissions and make the world a better place. But then again, the ten new trees I planted this year really need me so that they can survive. Anyway... next time you look at a picture think of everything it says about what's happening in your life right now. You may be surprised.

1 comment:

Rebecca Baca said...

lol lol lol! I live in an ultra liberal area and you get dirty looks just having paper goods in your grocery basket! Can I come over, those peaches look great!!!