So, Nate's cousin's wife is due about two weeks after I am. They were in the office the other day, and told Nate that they are having a girl. Nate thinks about this for a couple of days and then starts to get a little antsy. He wonders why we have to wait another three weeks to find out. So, yesterday he decided that we wouldn't wait. We found a place that has a certified technician, and went to have an ultrasound done. The girls have really been anxious to see "pictures" of the baby and were super good sports. I was a little more reserved. From my experience with Amelia I know that an ultrasound is not always exciting. An ultrasound can deliver good or bad news. Of course, we always hope for the good, but that is not always the case. What I wanted more than to know {boy/girl} was to know {healthy}. But I was a good sport and went along. They couldn't have done it without me. And I'm sure you are saying, would you just get to the point? OK, the evidence is clear that we are having another......BOY
The boys were at school, so we had the girls each pick out a little something that would indicate the gender of the new baby, and we wrapped it up in yellow, pink, purple, and blue. The girls got giggly when we told them not to tell, that it was a secret, and we could try and trick the boys when we got home. On the way home Amelia got on the phone with Clay, who tried to get her to tell. She stuck to her guns and would not say. Nate thought he would have the boys do a few slave acts before he would tell. I think they would have done about anything he asked just so they could know. He had them giving him a foot massage. I wish I had had a video of the commotion, the whooping and hollering that ensued when the boys pulled out the blue camouflage blanket. I was laughing my guts out. Their excitement was contagious.
So, farewell, purple room, and boxes of baby girl clothes. Another adventure awaits us.
14 comments:
OK, so I'm on the run and can't call right now - but awesome! And congrats! I'm so happy to hear "healthy", and also "boy". How fun!
Ok, I have to stay up on your blog cause I had no idea you were expecting. My e-mail is bryant500@juno.com. O, and congratulations! I love little boys.
Congratulations! We only got one boy but we like him. Looks like you are already a pro in that area.
Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you. I love how you told the boys. You are such a great mom.
Congrats! Boys are fabulous. I totally need an invite to your blog too lady, we're going private as well.
Congrats!! That is sooo exciting!!!
How exciting for this news on a little one on the way...I have not been checking blogs for awhile and did not hear the news until yesterday when Nate told all of us...I am so happy for your sweet family! I would like to be added to your list to keep checking your blog...my email addy is cindmatthews@allwest.net Hope you are feeling good :)
Hi! Wow -- congratulations on such a fantastic gift -- a fifth baby to love!! Best wishes to all! Lots of hugs from South Carolina!! The Kovach's (ps...please keep us on your blog list -- I love to check in with you all even from afar! call.kovach@yahoo.com)
Hi! Wow -- congratulations on such a fantastic gift -- a fifth baby to love!! Best wishes to all! Lots of hugs from South Carolina!! The Kovach's (ps...please keep us on your blog list -- I love to check in with you all even from afar! call.kovach@yahoo.com)
Congrats on a boy! Going private? Need an invite please. Thanks
Congrats on a boy! Going private? Need an invite please. Thanks
Congratulations! We are so happy for you. It is about time for another boy.
Ficking awesome, felicidades! Also I hear Mark is a pretty cool, strong, witty... boy's name. Just think about it;)
Post a Comment