Saturday, April 4

Still Snowing

Friday morning we woke up to this lovely mess. Emma's first comment was "I'm going to make a snow angel." Forget breakfast {which she usually tries to do anyway}. She was suiting up for a jaunt in the snow. I asked Mia if she wanted to go out and play, and she did. They acted like they'd never seen snow before. They were out for quite awhile, making snow angels and just traipsing around in the snow. It was a good way to start the day! They made me smile.

It was sunny enough that the snow melted quite a bit Friday, but it was clear that the storm wasn't past. We woke up this morning to even more of the same. After conference was over, I kicked the kids out of the house to go play on the snow machine and get some fresh air. It became clear very fast that they needed something to do while they were waiting to take turns, so I got them stuck on the idea of making a snowman.


I went back inside to do some "spring cleaning" since it is spring after all. After a little while there was silence, and I hadn't seen the snow machine circle past the window recently. So, I went out to see them all playing in the snow, throwing snowballs and building a snowman. I took them the neccessary accessories for the snowman, took a couple pictures, and went back to purging my closet of all the clothes Nate and I haven't touched in a year. It wasn't long before I was beckoned to see the finished product. I dare you to look at this next picture and not smile. I actually got the giggles. Is it the dimples? The dopey hat? The cute miniature snowman? As I walked out the door I saw this. Sam can be such a kind and compassionate kid when he wants to be. He was patiently helping Emma put her mitten back on her hand. I like that.


And here it is. Our April Snowman.

No comments: