Thanksgiving was at our house this year. It started out with the traditional turkey bowl, held in our yard. I think the only winner is the team that has the most fun. {How can you have a competitive football game with 6 to 10 year olds?} During the game the girls found a kitty that they carried around the yard the entire time. What a patient and good-natured animal to be so lovingly abused for such a long period of time. I'm wondering if that means that we have a cat now? It's name is Smokey, for what it's worth, and it's always trying to sneak into our house. I found it in the coat closet yesterday. P.S. I've since found out that it belongs to our neighbors who were away for Thanksgiving. It was fun while it lasted!
Now, I'm sure the question burning in your minds is: What is a Big Green Egg Turkey?Well, THIS is the Big Green Egg. It is a grill/smoker that will cook anything to perfection with a taste out of this world. Our favorite is salmon with asparagus. It can cook a mean steak too.
And THIS is the Big Green Egg Turkey.
Yes, it is for real. And it tasted just as good as it looks. We brined the turkey overnight and then in the morning we stuffed it with a mushroom stuffing (no, I do not like mushrooms, but we wanted to do it right) just under the skin. The recipe said that if the skin ripped you had to stitch it closed, so Nate took his stitching talent to the turkey, and voila! After 5 hours on the grill, we had a scrumptious turrkey.
This is Andrew. Need I say more?
2 comments:
The turkey sounds delicious! And Andrew's expression is absolutely hilarious. Probably the funniest pix that I've ever seen of him!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Hey the cat sounds great! my parents had a dog like that everyone in the neighborhood had a different name for him and they all loved him and the each had some sort of treat that he got! Best part my parents still were in charge of feeding him on a regular basis! Great pet no food cost! Good luck with that!
Post a Comment