Sunday, December 2

What I Love About Christmas

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional

Lights on the Christmas Tree

Setting up the Nativities
I got this one this weekend. An early Christmas present because I'm spoiled. It is absolutely breathtaking. The expressiveness of the gestures of protection and love inspire me. It is an amazing work of art.

This one is made from the lava/ash from Mt St Helens. Nate got it when he went to Washington to be with his brother when their baby was born very prematurely.

This one is from Guatemala. Nate got it when he went with Hirsche Smiles a couple years ago.
This is the one I started collecting for the girls to add a touch of Christmas to their room.
And then my very first Nativity is at Nate's office. The Boyd's Bears just fit the theme there.

Buying Presents
Christmas Parties
Getting together with Family
Christmas Cards in the Mail
Holiday Colored M&M's
The Magic and Goodness that Springs from Every Soul all month long
Baby Jesus
Lights Everywhere
Christmas Music
Baking cookies, breads, and other treats
Wrapping presents with pretty bows
The Messiah
Most of all, I love Christmas because I love my Savior. I love to celebrate His Life, His Mission, and the Light, Love, and Happiness available to all of us because of Him.



5 comments:

alliehoopes said...

Didn't the snowstorm just round out the list too? Felt like something was missing almost :)

I noticed your missed call today but no message so I didn't know if it warranted a call back. I'm around.

Kris said...

I agree! Don't forget Bing Crosby singing Christmas carols. It was great seeing you guys last month...

The Atwood's said...

Those nativities would look great at the Kirtland historic sites this year!!! :()) CAn I tell you how much I LOVE Jeni Jones! I remember you telling me how great she was before you moved and now that I work with her in the Stake, I would agree! Hope you guys have a great Christmas.

The Wessman Family said...

I loved your list! You inspire me to remember the best things!

The Lassen Family said...

I love your new nativity set! And that tree looks so gorgeous - I was trying to picture all the windows and the tall tree. So sad that I just have to imagine. We'll find a way to get out there sooner or later! Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog. I miss you too!