WOW! I did start a post a while back, so I will finish it here. Sorry I've been gone so long:) Maybe I'm back...no promises.
December 18,2011
I have intentions of sending a card to everyone, it just won't be a Christmas card, or arrive this year, even.
Having six children is a busy thing.
You would think that I'm so busy and tired with the baby. I am convinced, however, that Deiter (4 mos) must have promised me in our pre-earth life that he would be happy, nice, content, and good if I would let him come to our family. He is really so delightful. He will lay down just about anywhere and smile and talk to angels in the sky. He fusses if he's hungry, and sleeps all night long. He's nice, patient, and happy to watch the commotion going on around him.
Henry (2)is so busy. He is more demanding of my attention than Deiter is. He broke his little arm last week, and now sports a bright red "bandaid." Although he tells us that he wanted a purple bandaid. If you ask him what happened he will blame it on yaya (Amelia). He was trying to climb the ladder to the new bunked and Mia was protecting Emma's candy stash from the top of the ladder. Broken ulna and radius resulted. He has learned the value of his cast as a weapon, and likes to beat up Clay. He likes to help me do whatever chore I am doing around the house, and has developed an affinity towards anything electronic....ipad, iphone, tv, wii. Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Cars, Toy Story. The kid knows his alphabet, and will point out letters on any book, computer keyboard, or sign that he sees. His intellect and enthusiasm for life amaze me. He is currently afraid of the Baxon (winnie the pooh movie).
Emma (6) is our little Kindergartener. Today she put on her Easter dress from April, and it was 3 inches above her knees. She is getting so tall. She is still our little mother. She has a very kind and nurturing personality, and loves to care for babies and stuffed animals and dolls. In fact, one of her Christmas lists was: doll, puppy, tree,
Every day she asks if I will pick her up early from school. Every day I tell her no. That's usually met with a tirade of comments about how much she doesn't like the specials (art, socials studies, gym, library, music) that she has that day. Every day. We think it all may have to do with her phobia of crowds. This is the girl who hated Disneyland. But she is helpful, and loving, and delightful, and very matter-of-fact.
Amelia (7) is in first grade this year. I have never known a child who likes to pull their own teeth like she does. The minute the tooth has any give to it at all, she is in front of the bathroom mirror until she emerges with a gap in her teeth, and a request for $100 from the tooth fairy. She has begged for a retainer, and when we went for an ortho consult, learned she has a cross bite, and really needs it. I don't think she'll like it so much when she gets it. She is my responsible child, and I can count on her to relay information, give me notes from school, and remind us of everything going on. After begging for a bunk bed, she was upset when we surprised her with it, but has gotten used to it.
February 5, 2012
Well then...
Clay (10) is such a teddy bear. He has enjoyed wrestling this fall, and is excited to start back up again in March. He has a hard time being aggressive on the mat unless he is really angry, and from the time he gets paired to the time he starts the match, he's best friends with the kid.
He has found a new interest this year with Student Council. He was elected President, and seems to be enjoying this new opportunity. He does incredibly well at school, and I am very happy for his teacher this year who has instilled in him a sense of responsibility. Things are better on that front. He won the school Geography Bee, and hopes that his written test score was enough to qualify him for the state competition, and even the nationals...he wants that $25,000 scholarship to go to BYU and major in architectural engineering.
Sam (13) is such a great kid. He's always joking and making clever remarks. He loves music (loud bass) and dancing (don't tell him I told you that). He is in the middle of his middle school wrestling season and doing very well. He's 17 and 3, with the 3 losses being to the same person. He's in an 8th grade algebra class this year, and we are in a 'discussion' with the school district to find a way to offer them Geometry next year. He is 13. But we still adore him, and are happy for his helpful attitude.
1 comment:
So fun to read about your cute kids!
Post a Comment