We have been stretched this week. What a blessing that this phase of our journey has been so short lived.
Amelia had her MRI today. She did wonderful. Her hands were cold and sweaty as she got ready to go in. She was nervous, but took great comfort in everything she had been told about the ease of the procedure. I was disappointed that they ushered both of us back to the waiting room after indicating that one of us would be able to stay by her side during the procedure. That tore my heart out a little bit.
It was almost 2 hours later when Shari called to tell us the results of the scan, not the following week like we were planning.
Everything looked good. There were no abnormalities to speak of, and everything looked healthy. She does have BRE, and we will still monitor her for seizures, but we are back to the "best case scenario" that we were hoping for after the episode on Sunday afternoon.
YAY!!!!! What sweet relief. What a miracle. What an answer to so many prayers on Amelia's behalf.
I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us. He is mindful of us, and he wishes to test us, to stretch us, and help us realize our capacity. I would never ask to repeat this week again, but I would never ask for it to be taken away. It has been an amazing testament of the love of family, friends, and neighbors...and of our Heavenly Father.
Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, phone calls, meals, and offers to help.
If I can sleep tonight, morning will come early with another miracle just waiting to happen.
{we'll get pictures up quickly, promise}
2 comments:
I am so glad to read this! I have been hoping and praying for a best case resolution for Amelia and your family. Have a wonderful day tomorrow welcoming your new little one into the world:)
Oh, wow. What a scary experience, and a blessing of an outcome! I'm so glad to hear that Amelia is doing well--the 'best case scenario'. Take care.
Post a Comment