Thursday, March 10

He's Helpful and other Emma things


Emma's on my bed.
I'm ironing.
The TV is on a country music channel and a video comes on where the cowboy is throwing hay around.
"Do you know what that is mom?"
"Ya, it's pretty cool." {admittedly not really paying very much attention to the TV or to Emma}
"No he's not."
"What? I think that's cool."
"No mom, he's helpful. He's out there giving hay to the horses and no one even had to ask him, he just did it on his own. That's being helpful."
"You are right Emma" {like always}
---------
Last night Clay had a little league wrestling match. There were alot of people in a little space. Since Clay is in one of the top age and weight brackets, he was going to be near the end. {we did not imagine he would be THE LAST, but we knew it would be awhile.}
Emma turns around with her cheeks pink, and her hands at her throat.
"I don't feel very good"
"You gonna throw up?"{frantically pulling her to a garbage can}
She coughs and spits a couple times. {a little social anxiety?}
It was clearly time to go outside. We went with Aunt Deb outside and got a little fresh air. Aunt Deb offered for Emma to go to her house and wait there until we were done with the wrestling.
She was a bit timid, but obviously liked the idea.
That was all she could talk about this morning. She gave a play by play of what they ate, watches, and did at least three times.
"Mom, do you know how much I liked going to Aunt Deb's last night?"
"I can imagine..."
"I want to have a sleepover."
{Well, if that doesn't tell you how fun it was, I don't know what would}
---------------------

No comments: