Wednesday, March 31

Good Wrestling

We have un-officially wrapped up the wrestling season. {Official is after the pool party} They could wrestle in Reno next weekend, but I kind of said enough. A couple weekends ago we went to Casper for the Little League USA Wrestling State Championships. It is a tournament that runs Saturday and Sunday. We went last year and the boys both got beat out very quickly. I think the magnitude of the venue just got to them. This year they were a little more prepared. The club that we have been participating in has really been wonderful for their skill, confidence, and strength. It was fun to be there as part of a team to support and encourage each other. This year, Clay didn't do so hot. He is either hot, or he is not, and he was not really on at this tournament. He lost the first match to a VERY tough kid, and then got beat by a girl for his second match. {I won't tell you what I think about girls wrestling...that's a post for another time} He was pretty upset about it too. It took some cuddle time, a pop tart, and a pep talk to get him over it. When he finally had come to terms with his place, he said..."Well, the good thing is that I don't have to worry about whether I'll wrestle on Sunday or not." Sam, on the other hand, did very well. He wrestled really well, and was in the bracket to wrestle up to third, and potentially second place. Slight conflict...the finals took place on Sunday. He chose to forfiet his matches and took 6th place. He was very happy with his efforts. We had a fun weekend. {Except for those baby screaming moments in the car.}

No comments: