On Saturday I went inside to shower to get ready for a graduation picnic. I decided to make my salsa before getting ready, and while I was busy chopping vegetables, noticed Nate's Uncle Paul and family in the barnyard. I quickly learned that we had just inherited two little baby lambs who needed a home. My first emotion was anger. We do not need one other thing that demands our time. But, after I got over it, I realized that this might be a good project for Clay. He has so many "good" excuses as to why he can't help Sam feed the horses, or take care of the dog, or clean his room. He is very good at avoiding work. Well, he has fallen in love with these lambs. I asked him what he wanted to accomplish this summer and he told me, "I want to be kind to my lambs." That's Clay. I hope that he will feed them consistently too! (without too much of my nagging)
I need to mention that the girls fell in love with them too, or maybe it was the huge baby bottles. They are always right in the middle of things when it's feeding time.
3 comments:
Those are about the sweetest pictures I have ever seen! Congrats on your new additions to your family!
I love those pictures. The bottles are pretty neat!
These pictures bring back so many memories of when I was little. We always had bum lambs. I hope you are having fun with them.
Post a Comment